I decided to rebuild the model, but to convert it to electric. The green version was the first derivative, which suffered damaged on landing due to the open airframe and a rough landing area, so I planked part of the underneath and recovered the model in yellow. This was using a brushed motor and worked but with all of the NiCads it was heavy.
I then covered the model in red and upgraded the motor and speed controller to be brushless and changed to a LiPo for the power. I also added a seperate LiPo for the receiver with a regulator; this was just to be safe as I was unsure of the BEC with the higher current.
For the cooling, I have drilled four holes around the spinner, to let the air in, and made a hold in the back of the canopy, behind Mickey's head, to allow the hot air to escape.
On the ground the model was drawing 62 Amps.
|Weight (dry)||1.28kg (2lb 13oz)|
|Weight (RTF)||1.71kg (3lb 12oz)|
|C of G||not known|
|Speed Controller (ESC)||Castle Creations Phoenix 125|
|Battery Pack||FlightPower 11.1V LiPo EON-X 30C 5000mAh 3S|
|Propeller||Graupner CAM Folding Prop 11x6 (28x15)|
|Elevon Servo||Futaba S3001 x 2|
|Elevon Servo||FlightTech FT5AVR|
|Elevon Servo||FlightPower 7.4V LiPo EVO-Lite 1345mAh 2S|
The model is an excellent flyer, I always get comments on how she looks in the air.